The easiest cake you’ll ever make, incredibly moist cake with intense banana flavor. And bonus – it’s gluten-free and contains no refined sugar!
Last month I posted a recipe for Healthy Banana Fudge Cakes and it was so well received that I decided to post another recipe using bananas. This cake is also made in a blender but it’s much more decadent. Banana Cashew Blender Cake is, hand-down, one of the moistest cakes you’ll ever taste. Made with cashew butter and overripe bananas, it has a soft, pleasantly spongy texture, and intense banana flavor.
My husband is crazy about bananas. Every time I’m headed off to the grocery store he tells me not to forget to buy bananas. It’s become a joke, often with him writing on my grocery list “don’t forget the damn bananas”. The truth is, there was a time when I would purposely not buy them even when he asked because we always had too many and they’d go bad before we had a chance to eat them. When I’d complain about this he’d tell me to just throw the overripe bananas away and not worry about it – that bananas are so cheap. True, but I really hate to waste food so I would always peel the overripe bananas, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in the freezer. The problem was I never used them. Banana Cashew Blender Cake (and Healthy Banana Fudge Cakes) have, thankfully, solved this little dilemma in the most delicious way!
This cake is so quick and easy you can even whip it up on a busy weekday morning. Just throw the cashews and salt into a blender and process until the mixture has turned into cashew butter. Then stop the blender, add the remaining ingredients (except the chopped walnuts) and process again for about 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth. Transfer the batter to a prepared pan, top with chopped nuts, and bake – that’s it! You won’t believe how delicious this cake tastes for so little effort.
You can eat Banana Cashew Blender Cake for breakfast or serve it as dessert with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream on top. It’s gluten-free and contains no refined sugar. And best of all, it’s a great way to use up all your damn bananas!
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups (240 gram) roasted cashews, lightly salted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium, overripe bananas (about 3½ ounces each without peel)
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and brush an 9-inch round, non-stick cake pan with melted coconut oil.
- Place the cashews and salt into a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix) and process on low for about 1 minute or until the mixture is smooth and creamy and has turned into cashew butter.
- Add in the bananas, eggs, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and vanilla and blend for 30 - 45 seconds until completely smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the walnuts on top.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 18 - 20 minutes until golden brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!