This hearty and satisfying chili is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal.
THE DINNER DILEMMA
“What’s for dinner?” That’s the dreaded question that faces many of us after a long and busy day when we have mouths to feed and only a little bit of time before “hungry” turns to “hangry”. The solution to this dinner dilemma is quick and easy meals that come together in a matter of minutes – meals like this 3 Ingredient Chili which can be prepared with ground beef, chicken, or turkey to create a hearty and satisfying dish with minimal effort. Add some aromatics if you like (suggestions below), pile on the toppings, and watch it disappear. Dinner solved!
START WITH 3 INGREDIENTS
The flavor of this 3 ingredient chili depends heavily on the sauce you use to make it. Be sure to use a high quality, spicy, gourmet tomato sauce such as an arrabiatta or fra diavalo. Check the ingredient label on the sauce you choose and if you wish to amplify the flavor further chose a few simple add-ins to complement what’s already in the sauce. One or two teaspoons of the following herbs/seasoning blends would add a nice punch to this chili:
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Taco seasoning
- Hot sauce
DON’T FORGET THE TOPPINGS
If you want to keep things simple serve this chili with some cornbread on the side and forgo the toppings. But additional layers of flavor and texture in the form of toppings will further elevate this humble 3 Ingredient Chili. Here are some popular topping ideas to consider:
- Shredded cheddar cheese or crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- Salsa or diced tomatoes
- Diced red onion or chopped scallions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips, crushed or keep whole for dipping
- Sliced jalapeños
If you make 3 Ingredient Chili don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me over on Instagram @QueenofMyKitchen. I’d love to see your creation!
3 Ingredient Chili
- 1- pound lean ground turkey, beef, or chicken
- 1 – 15.5 ounce can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cup (16 ounces) spicy tomato sauce, arrabbiata sauce, or fra diavolo sauce
- Cook the meat over medium high heat until it loses its pink color.
- Add the beans and tomato sauce. Stir and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SAVE IT TO PINTEREST!