Delicious, gluten-free bread made with super clean ingredients. Only 5 grams of carbs per slice.
AN EASY-TO-KEEP RESOLUTION
The New Year is a time for healthy eating resolutions – turning over a new leaf and setting dietary goals to change our lives for the better. But lasting improvement can only happen if one sticks to their intentions, and sadly, the research tells us that even though approximately half of all Americans make New Year’s resolutions, less than 10% actually keep them for more than a few months. Often times the problem is that people make resolutions that are too ambitious, like vowing to give up eating bread. The key to making resolutions one can keep, the experts tell us, is to set small, realistic goals, which, over a long period of time, can yield big results. For example, instead of giving up bread entirely, simply switch to eating bread that’s less refined and lower in sugar and carbohydrates than conventionally made bread – bread like this Low Carb Almond Flour Bread. It’s made with super healthy ingredients and is guaranteed to satisfy even the most intense bread craving. Now that’s a resolution anyone can keep!
LOW CARB DIETS – GOOD OR BAD?
Low carb diets are controversial and notoriously hard to follow. Some people swear by them for weight loss, blood sugar stabilization, and numerous other health benefits. Others argue that when taken to the extreme these diets can lead to heart problems, kidney damage, and an increased risk of cancer. I’m not sure who is right, but I am certain of one thing: the standard American diet (SAD) is high in sugary, processed carbs – the type of carbs that, for sure, spike your blood sugar and lead to obesity, diabetes and other serious health problems. To the extent that low carb diets curb the tendency for Americans to consume these products, I see them as beneficial. But rather than strict adherence to any particular type of diet, I believe the emphasis should always be on the consumption of high quality, minimally processed foods – foods like the ingredients in Low Carb Almond Flour Bread, which include nuts, seeds, and unrefined oils and sweeteners.
TIPS FOR PERFECT LOW CARB ALMOND FLOUR BREAD
Making Low Carb Almond Bread is easy, with only 4 simple steps so it’s hard to mess up, but there are a few tips you should follow to ensure a perfect loaf.
• Use a loaf pan no bigger than 9 inches long by 5 inches wide. A slightly smaller size loaf pan will work too, but if you bake the bread in anything larger than 9 x 5, you’ll end up with short, squat slices of bread.
• Do not omit or substitute the psyllium husk powder, ground flaxseed, or chia seeds. These ingredients are what give the bread its structure.
• If you’re not planning on eating Low Carb Almond Bread the day it’s made, store it in the freezer. To do so, lay cut slices in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze. Once completely frozen, transfer the bread to a freezer safe plastic bag or other storage container. You can toast the slices straight from the freezer or let them come to room temperature on their own – they defrost quickly, usually within 30 minutes depending on how thick they’re cut.
MORE HEALTHY BREAD OPTIONS
For other healthy bread recipes check out: 3 Ingredient Cauliflower Bread, Seeded Mediterranean Herb Bread, Broccoli Bread Slices, Miracle Microwave Gluten-Free Bread Slices, and Kefir Flatbreads.
If you make Low Carb Almond Flour Bread don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me over on Instagram @QueenofMyKitchen. I’d love to see your creation!
Low Carb Almond Flour Bread
- Coconut oil spray
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups (224 grams) almond flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grain free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan (measuring about 9 x 5 inches) with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, vinegar, and syrup. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SAVE IT TO PINTEREST!